Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Fresh Start in 2012

Our Family
I'm back. It's been almost 1 year since i last posted anything on my blog. I don't know if it was a time thing, lack of interest or purpose, and to be honest, i kinda thought 'why do i need to let everyone in on my life'? Do people really care about reading what is on my mind? I have read so many fantastic blogs on topics from crafts to motherhood....and i guess some part of me just felt i wouldn't measure up. So i lost interest and stopped shortly after i started this blog. Fast forward 11 months, and here i sit. I have mulled this whole blog thing over for a while now.....and have come to several conclusions:




1)When i first started 1 year ago, i was writing with others reading it in mind, this time around I'm going to write each post with the purpose of recording 'days in the life of Merilee (me!) and her family'....essentially for myself and my family to look back on and remember just what growing up in the Henderson family was like....the good, the bad and all the in between.

Taking the time to remember....
2) What a fantastic 'journal', allowing an incredible in-depth view on our lives....complete with pictures....like a huge never ending scrapbook of our lives. This year of 2012 is shaping up to be a year full of major life changes and firsts....recording thoughts, pictures, stories, struggles and victories will be important.....to look back on it all and see God's purpose, timing, grace, provision and power. I can't wait to start!

3) I have greatly benefited from other people's advice on their blogs..... recipes that have been tried, tested and proven true, craft ideas, homeschool help, sewing tutorials, spiritual challenges and encouragement in my role as a mother and wife. That being said....if i come across something that i know other moms will benefit from, I am going to share it.....'pay it forward' if you like....So, i guess in the end, my blog is going to be a mix of my 'life journal' and a what i hope will be a place of encouragement for all of us moms who are trying to be the kind of mother and wife that God has called us to be.

Stay Tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Very excited about this! I will be staying tuned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read your blog and I am very much looking forward to future posts. Glad you're back!!! I like that you have thought out your reason and purpose for blogging, Merilee... it makes me rethink my reasons for NOT blogging :o)

    ReplyDelete