Saturday, July 14, 2012

Adventures in the Kitchen # 5: Peanut Butter and Chocolate squares

Okay, I have to admit.....I am cheating a bit on this post. I have made this dessert before.....but it was like 10 years ago, back in University....so I figured the statute of limitations has run out on that and I can consider this recipe an adventure all over again! :) Peanut butter and chocolate together is my weakness.....and I had the biggest craving for this delish combination when this recipe conveniently  popped back into my head.....so here it is.....a totally sinful delight....

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Squares (no bake)

Prep Time: 7 min (plus time in the fridge to harden)
Serves: A lot of people! (9 x 13 baking pan full of yumminess)
Makes a bunch so you can share with your neighbours!
That way you won't be tempted to eat them all yourself :)

1 Cup melted butter
1 Cup peanut butter
2 3/4 Cups Icing sugar
2.5 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips

- Combine melted butter, peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and Icing sugar in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan
- Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler or in the microwave (1 min on high)
- Pour Melted chocolate over the crumb crust and spread to the edges
- Cool in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and then cut into pieces (this will make it easier to cut later)
- Return squares to the fridge to harden completely (20 minutes)
 
Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. oooooh yummmeeee - didn't Mom make this when we were kids? I think you and Julie have the same obscession with chocolate and PB!!! ha ha ha
    Love you sis xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I think it is in our genes! :)

    ReplyDelete