Sunday, August 19, 2012

Adventures in the Kitchen # 6: Good Old fashion Pancakes

Okay, so maybe I am cheating a bit on this one.....pancakes are nothing new around our house.....but since my cookbooks are all packed away, I didn't have my usual go-to pancake recipe to use for a low key sunday night dinner......so I searched online for a simple, quick pancake recipe and voila! I found one! If you can't tell from the title of this recipe......this ones a keeper.....
Enjoy a low-key Sunday night dinner......add some fresh blueberries and strawberries on top, or for those daring enough.....add some chocolate chips.....each topped with melted butter and real maple syrup.
YUM! A bonus for the kids.....make pancake people, letters, shapes......

Adventures in the Kitchen # 6: Good Old Fashion Pancakes
A whole stack of yumminess

Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 4-6 

1.5 Cups flour
1 Tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg beaten
1 1/4 Cups of milk
3 Tablespoons melted butter

Preheat griddle/frying pan over low/medium heat.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
Stir in milk, eggs and butter. 
Stir until lumps are gone.
Create pancake masterpieces.

**Preheat oven to 175 to keep pancakes warm until the batter is all used up. Put pancakes in a covered oven-safe dish to keep them moist. 

Recipe found on allrecipes.com

My kids LOVE this meal......they pile on the blueberries and also really enjoy when we make pancake people for them, complete with pancake clothes they can dress them in (make a pancake skirt or some pants to put on the pancake people). I usually serve this meal with scrambled eggs and if we're lucky, some bacon too. Easy meal, fun for the kids and yummy for everyone. Lots of thumbs up in our house for this one. 

2 comments:

  1. I pinned this ;) and I love the idea of Sunday being pancake night! I printed out all the pinterest pancake recipes I have and think I may start this tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for pancakes!!! Easy-peasy meal at the end of a busy week and on a day where you are sopposed to relax and REST! :) Enjoy your pancakes!

      Delete